Russia is in the process of purchasing military kits from Turkey, said Ukraine’s Minister of Defense Oleksiy Reznikov in an interview.
According to Reznikov, Moscow is using a third party to purchase the Turkish equipment, which includes 200,000 body armor kits and 500,000 sets of winter gear.
“This action shows that Moscow is unprepared and that the mobilization is failing,” said Reznikov.
On October 4, Sergei Shoigu, Russia’s Defense Minister had said, more than 200,000 people have been mobilized. The above figure matches the body armor kits allegedly demanded by Russia from Turkey through an intermediary.
Reznikov went on to say, the above information was given by one of Russia’s Turlish partners. According to him, Turkey refused to supply the kits to Russia.
On September 21, Russian President Vladimir Putin had announced a partial mobilization and called on citizens who are in the reserve to be conscripted. Those who had previous military experience or have certain military specialties and relevant experience, have been called to join the war.
According to Shoigu, a total of 300 thousand reservists will be called up equivalent to just over 1% of the total mobilization resource of our country. Conscripts will not be sent to hot spots. The mobilized will undergo training and retraining, and only after that, they will be deployed.
So far Russia has maintained that its invasion of Ukraine is a “special military operation” and not a “war”.
According to the United Nations, military action to be defined as a “special military operation”, must have a resolution issued by the UN. However, there is no such resolution, which automatically defines Russia’s military actions as an invasion and an act of war against Ukraine.