Over the next few days France will boost the UK-led Op CABRIT eFP mission in Estonia by increasing its Leclerc main battle tank contribution.
A few days ago the British Point-class fast sealift ship MV Eddystone departed La Pallice dockyard near La Rochelle on France’s Atlantic Coast bound for Estonia; when last verified, at 15:00GMT today, she was already in the Baltic Sea due south of Malmo in Sweden.
Aboard Eddystone, in addition to an undisclosed number of British Army vehicles, is the French LYNX 9 SGTIA (Sous-Groupement Tactique InterArmes or All-Arms Tactical Sub-Group) vehicle fleet consisting of:-
- 12x Leclerc Main Battle Tanks
- 2x EGB Armoured Engineer Vehicles
- 2x DCL Armoured Recovery Vehicles
- 8x VBCI 8×8 Armoured Personnel Carriers
- 21x VBL 4×4 Scout Cars
- 6x PEB Tank Transporters
- 7x PPLOG 8×8 demountable rack logistic trucks